Absolute Obedience
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If there was an anime for AO..

3 posters

Go down

If there was an anime for AO.. Empty If there was an anime for AO..

Post by Freaky_Feline Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:32 pm

If there was an anime OVA for AO how would you want it to be like?

1)References from the game
2)New targets and missions
3)Focus on Louise and Kia's relationship (how they met, how their relationship evolved etc..)
4)Other (if you got an other different idea from those who were mentioned above)

My opinion

1) Could be a good idea, from what I've seen in Enzai, they did a quite good job assembling the stories of the game, but than again AO is very different, and since it has missions I think it can be difficult to assembly it with out making it like a walk through
2) Could be interesting, but perhaps this would be sort of a continuation of the game
3) I love this idea XD maybe it would be slightly out of point (the focus is not on the missions) but they're our fav couple after all XD
Freaky_Feline
Freaky_Feline

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Character Profile
Bank Account ($): 27,120

Back to top Go down

If there was an anime for AO.. Empty Re: If there was an anime for AO..

Post by NotaBene Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Not speaking Anime, it would make quite an interesting gameshow. People could call up and nominate 'targets' (at 50 cents per call + standard rates, naturally (and calls from mobiles will cost considerably more)); then the lucky target, chosen at random, would have an agent approach them and flirt heavily (and loudly) with them in public, with hidden cameras to watch their reactions; a bit like 'You've Been Framed' in that aspect. Then at the end, they get a pair of one of the guy's underwear on a wooden placard as a trophy for being a good sport. LOL No sex though, of course. Gotta keep it TV friendly and on the right side of anti-prostitution laws. >.>

As for your suggestion, I would like an Anime to touch upon all of those things in a balanced measure. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter if it acts as a walkthrough, because I lot of people like to see all of the endings in the game anyway, and so would intentionally get the answers wrong.

The anime would have to start at the beginning, because it cannot be assumed that people who are watching have played the game, or vice versa. It would be nice to include some new characters to mix things up.

Thinking of a DVD release, each disk can hold around 4-5 anime episodes, so if there were 10 episodes, a box-set could be set out with Kia's mission on one disk, and Louise's missions on the other.

As for other ideas, also keeping DVD release in mind, it is possible to create game DVDs that prompt the viewers to make a choice at specific intervals, very much like the game works. Although pausing to force the viewer to make a choice would get old after a while, it would - like the game - allow viewers to witness a number of possible endings. If you didn't want the choices, you could turn them off in the options menu and the anime would automatically default to the best ending.
However, this kind of user interface would limit possibilities for release on any media other than DVD.
NotaBene
NotaBene

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Character Profile
Bank Account ($):

Back to top Go down

Post by Freaky_Feline Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 pm

NotaBene wrote:Not speaking Anime, it would make quite an interesting gameshow. People could call up and nominate 'targets' (at 50 cents per call + standard rates, naturally (and calls from mobiles will cost considerably more)); then the lucky target, chosen at random, would have an agent approach them and flirt heavily (and loudly) with them in public, with hidden cameras to watch their reactions; a bit like 'You've Been Framed' in that aspect. Then at the end, they get a pair of one of the guy's underwear on a wooden placard as a trophy for being a good sport. LOL No sex though, of course. Gotta keep it TV friendly and on the right side of anti-prostitution laws. >.>

Haha that sounds like candid camera, even though I prefer it as an anime, since it's Japanese, I would prefer it to be kept in that style

NotaBene wrote:As for your suggestion, I would like an Anime to touch upon all of those things in a balanced measure. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter if it acts as a walkthrough, because I lot of people like to see all of the endings in the game anyway, and so would intentionally get the answers wrong.

I think it's okay to put a couple of those missions from the game, but than again there shouldn't be too many details

NotaBene wrote:As for other ideas, also keeping DVD release in mind, it is possible to create game DVDs that prompt the viewers to make a choice at specific intervals, very much like the game works. Although pausing to force the viewer to make a choice would get old after a while, it would - like the game - allow viewers to witness a number of possible endings. If you didn't want the choices, you could turn them off in the options menu and the anime would automatically default to the best ending.
However, this kind of user interface would limit possibilities for release on any media other than DVD.

Wouldn't that be exactly like the game not as anime?
Freaky_Feline
Freaky_Feline

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Character Profile
Bank Account ($): 27,120

Back to top Go down

Post by NotaBene Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:28 pm

No, because the sections between choices can be fully animated.
NotaBene
NotaBene

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Character Profile
Bank Account ($):

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Stryker Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 am

An anime based off of the game would be pretty damn awesome! NotaBene made some very good points... I think they would have to go over the targets, so that those who haven't played the game wouldn't be lost, ya know. I'd hope that they'd spice the scenes up a bit and change it just enough so that those who have played wouldn't grow bored of seeing something they already know will happen. Though I'd be happy to see them fully animated, regardless.

Also, putting the drama CDs to animation would be nice.
Rune Stryker
Rune Stryker

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Character Profile
Bank Account ($): 11,950

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down